By this article we are starting a new blog section called “Trackie-talkie” devoted to interviews with our partners – leaders of the affiliate marketing industry.
Our first guest is Alon Hollander, COO of ActiveRevenue is sharing the tips and recommendations for beginners and experienced advertisers.
Let’s go! 🚀
A Few Words about ActiveRevenue
ActiveRevenue is a self-service advertising platform that allows advertisers to access high performing ad formats, granular targeting, competitive pricing, and multiple optimizations capabilities.
ActiveRevenue was founded in 2013 and it has been selling top quality traffic that comes from handpicked direct publishers since then. Using internal tools ActiveRevenue reassures that only the best quality traffic will reach campaigns of their advertisers.
ActiveRevenue offers the following ad formats:
- Pop Ads;
- ZeroClick (Domain Redirect);
- Push Notifications;
- Floating Push.
– Hi, Alon. Can you please tell us a little about yourself?
– Hi, My name is Alon Hollander and I am COO of ActiveRevenue.
I started my career in the ad tech world back in 2013. My first position was as an account manager at ActiveRevenue.
Throughout the years I performed different positions at ActiveRevenue and since 2019 I am the COO of our company. I have deep knowledge in managing and operating programmatic ad networks. Ad tech is not only a job for me, it is my real “passion”.
– The main focus of your network is push traffic, which is going through hard times right now. Therefore, the Floating Push format appeared in ActiveRevenue. Tell us about its advantages over regular push notifications.
– The nature of creating those two ad types is different. Push is generated by the subscription of the user to a website while Floating push is a creative that posts on the website itself. As a reason for that, floating push can be posted on any browser and operating system while push is limited to chromium-based browsers mostly. Moreover, a Floating push ad appears only while the user is on the website and it causes much better engagement of the user with the advertisement.
– What is the Domain Redirect format?
– Domain redirect (AKA as parked domain or ZeroClick) is used when a user mistypes domain name. In this case we redirect the user to an ad (landing page). For example, users type wrong domain names like googl.com in the browser. That user will be redirected to the LP of the offer that targets that domain.
– What are your recommendations for creatives?
– If we are talking about Pop or ZeroClick traffic, it is better to use a prelander with some information that will catch the user’s attention. It can be an article or a video, for instance. You can use a 3-5 step landing page to get a paying user in result.
As for push, firstly, the sizes are: Icon 192×192 and Banner 492×328. Secondly, make sure that the creative and the texts match the LP you use. Otherwise, you will not get a conversion. Thirdly, make your texts laconic and informative. And last but not least, check different spy tools to see which creatives are popular, which do not perform well as they are old, etc.
– What are the 5 most effective geos and verticals for push traffic?
– Based on the data from our platform, the top geos are US, RU, FR, DE and GB. In terms of performance, the best verticals are Dating, Gambling, Crypto trading, Nutra and downloads.
– Top 5 tips for beginners who wish to start with ActiveRevenue.
– 1. First of all, choose which vertical you would like to work with. Do not hurry up, talk in chats with experienced affiliates.
2. Think of geos, you can also discuss it with your Account Manager.
3. Use a tracker. BeMob is a good one! We are fully integrated, by the way, it will take you only 5 minutes to create an offer there and copy paste a link to our platform.
Add a postback link, so that your AM can help you with optimization. Share the number of conversions (important to share sales, not the leads if your final action is a sale/deposit), you can hide the profit/revenue.
4. Leave your real Skype/email/Telegram contacts as managers will add you and try to help.
5. Your AM is your Best Friend. Consult, ask, take advice. Just ping them to ask about their day and be sure – they will give you some insights.
– Specify one competitive advantage of ActiveRevenue over similar advertising networks.
– We have the best team of account managers that will not only guide you through our platform but will give you truly 24/7 support, during weekends and holidays. They will advise on anything you may need help with.
– Are you planning to attend any affiliate conference in the near future?
– What would you like to tell our readers?
– In ActiveRevenue we always search for new ways to improve our ad network. We invest a lot in our technology by adding more features to our DSP and searching for new ad formats. We have a deep understanding that diversity and flexibility in our traffic and targeting capabilities will help our clients to reach their goals.
As for affiliation and the media buying world, we think that the future is bright. More companies and brands understand that in order to promote their products they must use affiliation and/or media buying. Thus, higher budgets are directed to digital advertising and those budgets will keep growing in the coming years.
– Thank you for taking the time to talk to us today!
We would like to remind you that you still can get 20% cashback on your first deposit on the side of ActiveRevenue.
Join ActiveRevenue now using this link https://ui.activerevenue.com/pages/login.php#signup?ref=82355
Just top up your balance and contact your account manager (or send an email to email@example.com).